Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1
Text: Mark 5:25-34
Faith and fear are opposite forces but share a common attribute. They are both evidence of things not seen. While faith is focused on the positive side, fear leans on the negative side of things.
On which side of the aisle are you?
The woman with the issue of blood in Mark 5:25- 34 stood on the side of faith and received her healing when she touched the hem of His garment. On that fateful day, several women touched Jesus but her touch was different because it was a touch that was made in faith.
Key lessons from the above story are not hard to find. They include:
- She was nameless. The scripture referred to her as a “certain woman.” Mark 5:25 .What does this tell us? This shows that no one is insignificant in His sight. Jesus is interested in everyone and every situation. In that dire situation, lean on Him and you will get a divine touch from above.
- She heard about Jesus. Mark 5:27.This tells us that someone conveyed the message to her. As you read this story, make a commitment, to share the love of Jesus with someone in your cycle of influence. Be the best you can be for Jesus. The world is waiting for you. Matthew 28:19
- She did not allow her physical ailment and the obstacles around her to prevent her from reaching out to the Lord Jesus. Mark 5:26 .Push aside every weight that has held you bound and focus on Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. Hebrews 12:1-3
- She made a positive confession and the Lord honoured her faith. Mark 5:28. Faith-filled words bring healing and restoration. Be careful how you use your tongue. “Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.” Proverbs 18:1
- A mere touch of the hem of His garment made her whole. Mark 5:29 .What a touch? The hem of His garment is available for everyone. No special ceremonies are needed. All you need is a solid relationship with Him.
- All things are possible to them who believe. Luke 1:37 –“For with God nothing will be impossible”
As you read this story, consider your relationship with Jesus. A relationship devoid of Jesus is an invitation to chaos. Invite Him into your life today, if you are yet to do so. Jesus is the only way to eternal life. John 14:6
Remain encouraged as your best days are just ahead of you.